Dear Gulf Coast RCIC EDO Partners,
As you may have heard, the ETF program suspended accepting applications last month, pending receiving funds from FEMA. The ETF program has now received sufficient funds to announce a new funding round – which will be called “Round 20” (the 20th funding round of applications submitted to the State for review).
In addition to the new funds that will be available to support Round 20, the Gulf Coast RCIC and Governor Perry are planning to announce a new group of ETF Awardees in late September, and will recognize all area ETF Awardees for this year at the 3rd annual Gulf Coast Innovation Conference & Showcase on September 30 at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Houston. As of today, the ETF program has provided awards to 36 area companies, eligible to receive up to nearly $41M from the ETF.
The Gulf Coast RCIC will be hosting a meeting with area EDOs to review the ETF program status and other activities in the region for helping early stage companies commercialize emerging technologies, including participation by the Greater Houston Partnership, Houston Technology Center, other area EDOs, and the Chairman of the State’s ETF Advisory Committee.
This meeting is scheduled for Thursday, August 26, from 9AM to 11AM at the Houston Technology Center, 410 Pierce Street, in downtown Houston. If you or anyone else from your organization is planning to attend, please e-mail an RSVP to me at Bob.Prochnow@GulfCoastRCIC.org, by noon, Tuesday, August 24. Please contact me if you have any questions about this meeting.
The Gulf Coast RCIC has established the following schedule for the next funding round – Round 20 (the 20th round of funding since the ETF program was launched in 2005):
· Monday, September 13, 1-3PM, at the Research Valley Partnership in College Station – Applicant Workshop
· Tuesday, September 14, 2-4PM, at the HTC – Applicant Workshop
· Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, September 20-22, at the HTC – one hour Application Planning Meetings with each registered applicant, either in person at the HTC or via phone
· Monday, September 27, 2-4PM, at the HTC – Application Workshop – question-by-question walkthrough of the application form – STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
· Tuesday, October 12, 10AM – Gulf Coast RCIC Application Deadline
· Wednesday, October 20 – RCIC Review Committee Semifinalist Selection Meeting
· Wednesday, October 27 – RCIC Review Committee Finalist Selection Meeting – applicant presentations at the HTC
· Tuesday, November 2 – TLSC Application Deadline (RCIC will submit Life Science Finalist applications to the TLSC for parallel review)
· Wednesday, November 3 – possible 2nd RCIC Review Committee Finalist Selection Meeting – if there are more semifinalists selected than can present in a single day on October 27, non-life science semifinalists will be invited to present on November 3 INSTEAD OF October 27
· Tuesday, November 30 – RCIC Board Meeting – applicant presentations at the HTC
· Tuesday, December 14 – TLSC Board Meeting – for invited life science applicants, presentations in Austin
· Thursday, December 16– State Application Deadline (RCIC will submit selected applications to the State for review)
· Thursday, January 6 – State ETF Presentations in Austin
Companies interested in applying should submit an applicant registration through the Gulf Coast RCIC website (www.gulfcoastrcic.org), and consider attending the Applicant Workshops on September 13 (tentative in College Station) or September 14 (at the HTC). Companies should also plan to attend (in person or via phone) an Application Planning Meeting, and the Application Workshop.
In addition to the Applicant Workshops on September 13 (College Station) and September 14 (HTC), the RCIC is available to offer workshops at other locations. Please contact me if you are interested in scheduling a workshop in your area.
If you or anyone you know is interested in participating as a Reviewer (and has not already signed up), please have them submit a Reviewer Application through our website – www.gulfcoastrcic.org.
If you have any questions about the RCIC or ETF program, please contact me or Deborah Mansfield (832-476-9285), Associate Director.
Gulf Coast RCIC Director, Texas Emerging Technology Fund
Houston Technology Center
New funding round – ETF Program14 08 2010
Dear Gulf Coast RCIC EDO Partners,